Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church under the patronage of the Holy Virgin Mary.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linus & Lucy cartoon: Lent is a time of repentance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Admin
Lent is a time of repentance... yup 

2 The first snowball on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 am

NeedImprovement

Admin
LOL

The repentance   imsorry  was there, but it looks like the mercy and forgiveness  hug3  were replaced by the law of Talion :

"An eye for a snowball , and a tooth for a snowball" , or maybe more like "A black eye . . . blackeye . . . for a snowball . . ."

. . . (" 'Vengeance is mine' , sayeth the Lucy". . . ? . . .  hmmm [lol] )

What ever happened to : "Let he/she who is without sin cast the first snowball" ?

Lent can be an opportune time to ask our Lord for the grace and strength to help us gain an upper hand over our "habitual" sins too . . . to ask Him for the help needed to "kick the habit" , so to speak ,  Very Happy   .

http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Football_Gag

" . . . you should know that there is present with you the angel whom God has appointed for each man . . . This angel, who is sleepless and cannot be deceived, is always present with you; he sees all things and is not hindered by darkness. You should know, too, that with him is God " . . .   - St. Anthony the Great   

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum