Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church under the patronage of the Holy Virgin Mary.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, February 28, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, February 28, 2013 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 am

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Admin
Too tired to go on, Pope Benedict XVI resigns

Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonizations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering.

Papal resignation: What happens next?

Read more here: Arrow http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/pope-benedict-declaration/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

NeedImprovement

Admin
Here's an excerpt taken from the commentary of Cardinal Arinze on Pope Benedict XVI's upcoming resignation :

I haven’t any doubt about his (Pope Benedict XVI's) wisdom. I have known him for more years to have any doubt at all. He doesn’t rush; he is not rash; he is gentle , but he’s also clear-headed , and firm . So it could not have been an idea he got the day before.

If anybody is confused, the problem is on the side of that person – not on the side of the Pope ; very clear on the side of Pope Benedict: He says, ‘Twenty-eighth February at eight o’clock I shall resign from Bishop of Rome and Successor of St. Peter'. The Church will find another one , and God is always there: The Holy Spirit does not go on holidays.

. . . For some people may be so shaken that it may change their perception, but my hope and prayer is it will help many to get more mature in our faith. Our faith is not on the Pope – it is on Christ Who is the foundation of the Church :Christ is the same yesterday, today, and the same forever. . .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum