Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blueberry and our Brain

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blueberry and our Brain on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am

Easter-won

Thanks to Jed, I am eating apple and apple smoked garlic cheese for lunch ( Lent ) I have to admit it not an easy offering thing to do!

while I am fasting from any kind of meat for lent, I looking into some new food for myself.
I discover this, this " Blueberry " Let see what these blueberry can do for us.

« Acai Berry Antioxidant Fruit

Blueberry Antioxidant Fruit

In order to make a healthy antioxidant juice that tastes great, there is little better than adding Blueberries.

Berries in general include generous amounts of vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants and fiber.

The Blueberry contains the highest ORAC value of any other antioxidant fruit commonly available (researched by Tufts University). Blueberry’s health benefits seem to benefit our Brains the most, include benefiting motor skills and preventing memory loss. Studies have shown benefits in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. Blueberries contain vitamins C, A, E, K and B.

Blueberry belong to the same family as cranberry and bilberry. It has a blue coloring that is caused by the antioxidants.

Along with helping the overall health of our brains, blueberries also benefit our Hearts and blood vessels. Blueberries keep blood vessels strong in structure. The main antioxidant called Anthocyanidins neutralizes free radical damage that can cause heart disease, varicose veins, cataracts, glaucoma, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers and cancer.

Blueberry contains more anthocyanidins than red wine, helps the eyes more than carrots, reduce the risk of colon cancer 3X!

Another antioxidant, ellagic acid, blocks that “pathways” that lead to cancer and contain pectin, known to help the colon clean itself, lower bile acid levels and reduce cholesterol. The antioxidant fruit blueberry has been shown to reduce ovarian cancer. Blueberries reduce inflamation in the digestive system and reduce the ability for E. Coli to cause infections.

http://www.antioxidantjuice.net/antioxidant-fruit/blueberry-antioxidant-fruit/

2 Re: Blueberry and our Brain on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Admin
Apple .... Garlic ... Vinegar ... and now blueberry ...
Enough to Hospitals to be closed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum