Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church under the patronage of the Holy Virgin Mary.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Family that Prays Together Stays Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Family that Prays Together Stays Together on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:21 am

jed

The Family that Prays Together Stays Together

By just reading my title I know it appears to sum up a whole message. There is so much depth in this statement than what we might see. The importance of this message goes beyond the nice thought of a family coming together before the Lord.

When my husband and I first started praying together at night, we'd been married about a year. I was a bit nervous about asking him to pray for our night and our current situations. I knew he didn't grow up praying with anyone and might feel uncomfortable. To be honest, it was a bit awkward for both of us--though we never acknowledged it at the time. We made prayer a habit from there on where he would share his initial thoughts and I'd conclude our prayer with mine. What happened is my husband started to feel more like a spiritual leader in our home and I started to respect him more as such.

Melissa J.

http://christian.families.com/blog/the-family-that-prays-together-stays-together

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Admin
:monkwrites:

Jed thank you for posting this topic yesterday. I was inspired to pray after reading it. My son Nicholas was in still in town from his University Christmas break; it was his last day with us. He's in a season in his life in which we hardly see him. At any rate, as I read your post, I remembered hearing Our Lady emphasize with tears, the importance to ''slow down, slow down your busy lives; slowly pray, pray the rosary with your family.'' Therefore as a mother, I asked Nicholas and Haley to leave a message of gratitude here for all the prayers offered for them. I'm very happy they responded to my call. Then our entire family responded to Our Lady. We prayed one decade together, here. The rosary prayers were so beautiful. We sounded like a peaceful steady heartbeat; almost like a song with a melody and harmony..

Jesus

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Admin
Yes indeed ... The family that prays together stays together, for family is such a small church where God is always present.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Admin
You're discussing my favorite topic. Indeed the family who prays together, creates an atmosphere to welcome Our Lady, St. Joseph, and Jesus. It is my experience, each one of them are very polite. They will not go and visit, where they are not welcome. If my family prays, one Hail Mary together daily, with the intention to pray all the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary; it is very good. I trust Our Lady and the Holy Spirit, in due time, they will awaken and arouse their love for each of my family members. I trust they are responding to their love. Amen. God is very good. I love the Church.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum